Pages

Friday, June 4, 2021

Fiction Friday — Coffee

So, in between regularly blogging Biblical worldview and Biblical literacy content, I am going to start "Fiction Fridays" where I blog about something related to Chronicles of Time. Hopefully this doesn't scare off non-fiction only followers, lol.
 
Amazon

The ADHD brain, especially the unmedicated ADHD brain, cannot live without coffee.  The only two times in my entire adult life that I have not had coffee are the two mornings that my children were induced because, despite the fact that they wanted me at the hospital at the ungodly hour of 7 am, I had to have an empty stomach. 

Anyway, coffee. I have a mug that says All I Need is Jesus and Coffee. My homeschool planner is coffee themed. If I had a breakfast room, it be themed like a coffee shop. 

How does this post relate to my writing? Because my main character (Michael) is me. That is why he is so easy to write. He's the male version and the perfect version and the non-ADHD version of me of course, but emotionally and psychological, he is me. And so, he needs coffee, er, a hot beverage that tingles and awakens the senses every morning. Of course, this beverage is made from ground Manna beans.

So if anyone was ever wondering why the angels invented coffee a hot beverage to be drunk in the morning, now you know. Because I couldn't possibly write a character who doesn't understand the need for coffee.